Sunday, September 28, 2008

Training in the Windy City

Just got back from a week in Chicago:) As I was recovering from last weekend's awesome marathon training run, I was reminded of another recent trip back home where I had the opportunity to do a Saturday morning run along Lake Michigan.

We were staying with Mark's dad, so I began the run at 55th Street, and made my way north towards downtown. It was a cool and cloudy day with a few sprinkles - perfect running weather - and I loved every minute of the 10-mile run.

As I was leaving, I turned back to grab my cell phone, remembering just how much fun I had documenting my run in San Francisco last year. Here are the snapshots I took, some better than others:

Cloudy Chicago Skyline

Shedd Aquarium

Soldier Field (GO BEARS!)

Gold Star Families Memorial and Park

Waterfall behind McCormick Place

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun! You won't be training for a marathon in China, but if you take a run while you're there it would be cool to document it in similar fashion!

Audrey said...

Melissa - I was absolutely thinking the same thing. Not specifically about China, but about the other cities I travel to around the country. You might be on to something!