Monday, September 29, 2008

Seven Wonderful Years

Our favorite wedding photo, taken by our dear friend and amazing photographer, Orlando.

I can hardly believe that seven years have passed since our wedding day, which I will always remember as the best day of my life. Last night, as we celebrated, we watched and re-watched our wedding video, so thankful that a family friend had thought to bring their camera with to document a few moments of our day. It brought back a flood of memories -- Leslie's beautiful voice as she sang at the ceremony -- walking down the aisle with my Dad -- the warm laughter of the whole room as Orlando worked to perfect the photograph of us cutting the cake -- Daniel as an eleven-year-old, strutting in front of the camera -- Mark's mom's laughter filling the air during Mark's toast.

God has blessed us again and again over the years, and I couldn't have asked Him for a more wonderful husband.

Mark, thank you for your endless love and support. Thank you for understanding the demands of my job that take me away so often - I miss you tonight. Thank you for the beautiful meals that you lovingly prepared for me this weekend -- the seared tuna and avocado sandwiches with sweet potato fries were amazing, the grilled shrimp and sauteed spinach were delicious, and the crab and shrimp stuffed salmon with hollandaise sauce was Out Of This World. You have a way of making me feel so incredibly special. I can't wait to watch our future unfold and look forward to the many years to come. Happy Anniversary, honey. I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post and photo. Congradulations to both of you. You both have been through so much and stood so strong by the love of your lifes. I am so happy for you!!!

Melissa said...

Happy (belated) anniversary, friends! Here's to many more.

simplicity said...

Happy Anniversary. Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have you in my life my love. This is the sweetest post I have ever seen. You are everything to me and I am proud to have you as my wife. I love you forever.

Mark

Ann-Marie said...

Happy belated anniversary, you two!

Orlando said...

My every warm and sincere wish for ANOTHER "seven wonderful years" --
and THEN, many more still! You are both sorely missed by all your many friends (and family) in Chicago.

God's abundant blessings to you both!
Love you.