Thursday, May 1, 2008

Why I Love Vancouver, BC

This week finds me back in what is quickly becoming one of my favorite cities of all time. With each of my six visits over the past year, I have found myself loving Beautiful British Columbia more and more. I realize (in perusing my previous blog entries) that I've never really shared just why I *heart* Vancouver, save a brief mention with no follow up, and a single photo that doesn't even begin to do it justice.

Sadly, my pictures have no way of finding their way onto my computer at the moment. This time, however, I PROMISE to post them when I get home. And when I do, I guarantee that you'll begin to see just why I adore this place.

Enough about what I can't show you, though!

Today's reason for loving it here? They have the coolest running lounge, which I visited today after a L O N G day week at work requiring a mind-clearing run. I've gotta give it up to Nike and their marketing team for this fabulous place. They don't sell anything, rather they're outfitted with Apple computers and snacks, running gear (all Nike, of course) and storage lockers to provide a service that I, for one, truly appreciated.

So how does it work? Basically, I stopped by, laced on a pair of new shoes, powered up an IPod Nano to test out their Nike+ Training system (guess who wants one now?), borrowed a jacket, and headed out for a 7K group run through Stanley Park. And on my return, I was handed some Gatorade and a towel and offered a selection of post-run NutriGrain bars and smoothies. Seriously, what could be better?

This afternoon's running path. Photo from http://www.seestanleypark.com/.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So great!! Glad you had a good run...and were so pampered, to boot! That kind of treatment could even get ME to lace up some running shoes. :)

Stacy Peterson said...

Ohhh I want to go there! How awesome!

Kristin said...

Audrey - So glad that you've been enjoying the pictures of Sofia! Great job finding such a beautiful running path to get out on! Hope that all's going well with you!