Tuesday, April 1, 2008

And the verdict is....

Nike Women's Marathon



































Thank you for your interest in the 2008 Nike Women’s Marathon. Unfortunately, your name was not selected through this year’s random drawing process. We received over 30,000 registration entries, and we can only accept 20,000 runners.













I guess I can't expect to win EVERY random drawing:) Honestly, I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved. A little bit of both is to be expected. Whereas I had started to psyche myself up for another training season, the truth is that thought of scheduling long runs into my life again does make me cringe a little.

When I signed up, I felt great about taking myself out of the decision process, so I should be okay with this response, right?

Well then why does this part of the e-mail catch my eye?









But there is good news: there are other ways that you can still participate.

Team In Training. Training. Support. Inspiration.

Team in Training, our partner through race beneficiary — the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, still has registrations reserved. If you would like to participate in the 2008 Nike Women’s Marathon through Team in Training, call 800.482.TEAM or check out the link below.

Participate with Team in Training »

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I don't know - maybe because you love a good challenge and a great cause? :) You'll have to keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know - maybe because you have a lot in common with Melissa and share quite a few genes with your Mom, too ... what does Mark say? Oh, and Jon got a call today from a contest he entered ...