Friday, June 8, 2007

quality friday: let the training begin!

this week marked the official start to my marathon training!

and so another countdown begins......




my challenge throughout these 18 weeks will be to actually do the runs with no excuses. whether i'm at home or traveling, i need to make time to hit the pavement and log in those miles!

this week was a decent start, and although i didn't follow the plan exactly, i feel confident that i'm off to a good start. i enjoyed my first run in the rain on monday (they are surprisingly nice - the rain can be refreshing, and does a great job of keeping you cool), and got up nice and early on thursday for a sunrise jog, which i have a feeling is what will work best for me during the weeks ahead.

i've asked a number of marathon-veterans for training tips, and without fail, they've said "make sure to get those long runs in". wish me luck as i go for 6 miles tomorrow!

4 comments:

simplicity said...

You go girl! I've always wanted to do a marathon...but at this point, I think I'd struggle with a 10K. I've got a jogging stroller now and the older two are very proficient on bikes so I have no excuses.

I admire that you're going for it!

Emily said...

hey audrey-
it was a pleasure meeting you & mark last night at ann-marie & david's wedding. you guys are such a warm couple, thank you for setting me at ease in a room full of not-so-familiar faces!
God bless you!

Stacy Peterson said...

So where are you running??? When??

Stacy Peterson said...

The last time we talked it sounded like you weren't going to be able to do it this year! Guess you changed your mind! I am jealous- I finally got to the point of wanting to register, but it is full. ANd I am out of town for both of the halfs. Anyway- hope you guys are doing well!!