Tuesday, April 24, 2007

we're off to the bay...

yesterday, i received word from my manager that my transfer out to the san francisco bay area is definitely going to happen. no more if's or maybe's.

as relieved i was to finally know the direction in which our lives are headed, hearing - and digesting - this life-changing information was met with so many mixed emotions. i felt excitement intertwined with sadness, anticipation of the new adventures ahead, joy for the opportunity to finally be heading to mark's favorite city, fear of saying goodbye to so much that is familiar - to family and friends that i love so dearly.

so i'm going to do my best to work through all of the feelings, and to be honest with myself -with everyone - throughout this journey. change has never been easy for me - but i'll be stretching myself and growing through this process. and that can only be a good thing.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

so it's actually happening . . . wow! what an experience this will be for you both.

i'll be praying for you as you go through the many transitions ahead.

any word on when you'll be making the move to the golden state?

oh, and if you'd like the lyrics to "california, here i come," which my mother (a native of the state) taught me when i was six, just drop me a line! ;)

seriously, though, i'm so very excited for you and wish you and mark all the best.

Melissa said...

bah humbug/i'm so happy for you.

love you.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you two because I know what an amazing city San Francisco is! I feel like everyone should have an opportunity to live there for awhile. However, please know that we will sincerely miss you here in Chicago. Love you guys!

bobbie rose said...

how exciting!! i LOVE the east bay. it is one of the most interesting places i have ever been. if you need some pointers on places to go just let me know.