Monday, April 16, 2007

quality weekend: a whole lotta r&r

on friday evening, i could feel it coming on. sore throat, a little cough, and that general not-so-great feeling. i quickly headed to the drugstore for some airborne (i know, i know - i should have taken it before the flight, not after), and decided that it was going to be a rest-filled weekend.

i'm trilled to say that on both saturday and sunday, i let myself sleep in until my body woke up naturally. it was absolutely wonderful to open my eyes and not need an ounce of caffeine to keep them that way! on saturday, i had a wonderful chunk of time in the afternoon and evening to putter around at home, enjoy some home-made food, and catch up with friends. on sunday, mark and i had a fabulous lunch date at a brazilain churrascaria - thanks to the generous gift certificate i received as a good-bye gift from my previous colleagues - and then spent the afternoon and evening relaxing at home.

and now, on monday morning, i'm happy to report that the sore throat is gone, and i'm feeling re-charged for the week ahead. whee!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey! I just found your blog! How fun! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better today. I hope you have a great week!

Melissa said...

a chuck of time? what on earth is a chuck of time? you crack me up.

glad you're feeling better. any trips this week?

Audrey said...

welcome, kj! glad you found me!

ok, ok, melissa. we all know that i can't spell and that i never proof-read well, either. i fixed the entry just for you!

one short trip this week...out to clearwater, fl overnight tonight, and back tomorrow. i'm looking forward to the weather....