Saturday, April 21, 2007

fun in the sun

my favorite quality moment this week again involved relaxation time...and i certainly feel blessed that i keep having opportunities to take time for myself. having had stretches in my life where i've felt overly busy and overworked, i can only hope that this trend continues...although i'm not counting on it!

i was sent on a short, overnight trip to clearwater, florida, where i helped to perform the preliminary setup of a new customer evaluation. it was the first time in my new position that i've actually had to answer all the technical questions on my own, with both confidence and certainty. the experience definitely had my pulse racing as i tried to recall details that i've learned over the past few weeks. the transition into this job was once described to me as "something like taking a 6-month final". and i'm only five weeks into it!

thankfully, the meeting went well, and i was left with lots of time to enjoy a perfect 70 degree day in florida. i quickly changed out of my business clothes, and headed to clearwater beach to get my feet wet in the beautiful waters of the gulf of mexico.
















and after a lunch of fresh fish, a stop for ice-cream, and dropping my colleague off at the airport for his flight, i still had two hours to kill. amazingly, there is a great little beach just off highway 60, and right before you get into tampa. its the perfect spot to enjoy just a little more of the palm trees and seagulls, and definitely beats waiting in an airport for your flight!

so i stopped, rolled up my sleeves, pulled out my book, and parked myself on a picnic bench to enjoy this view and rejuvenate in the florida sun.


No comments: