Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rain, rain, go away.

This week finds me in Vancouver, BC - one of my favorite cities to visit on business.

Except when its wet and dreary, and the weekly forecast calls for rain, rain, rain.

These past few days have absolutely solidified for me that I'm a sun-loving girl. I'd rather have cold and sun, then rain any day. Whereas I fully understand that rain is the most important ingredient in the recipe for a lush, green city, after just two days of chilly wetness, I'm ready for some golden rays.

Kinda like the ones I enjoyed last week in San Diego....


Now this is what I call an ocean beach! Its disappointing to me that the San Francisco version of the Pacific is never warm enough to put your toes in.


And what a treat to have spent the week with a partial-ocean view at this famous hotel!

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

i'd love to see that hotel in person. it always calls to mind tony curtis and jack lemmon in "some like it hot." so funny!

i hope the rain ceases so you can get out and enjoy vancouver. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you at the ocean! I'm thinking it's your new facebook profile pic. ;-)

Anonymous said...

btw, I'm anonymous (It's Leslie).

Grover20 said...

Wow you got to stay there! I went through the hallways downstairs when I was in San Diego for the ASHA convention a few years ago. I had some lovely walks on those wonderful beaches there. I hope the cities is recovered from the fires alright.

Vnacouver holds a special place in my heart, even though I was last there as a teenager. If we hadn't ended up in NZ, I think that might have been a serious contender. May still be in the future....

Enjoy the precious rays of sun, they can be so elusive in the Pacific NW (BTW Canadians laugh at me when I lump the SW of their nation with the Pacific Northwest). But from what I gather the rain I was raised to love in Oregon is even more present in Washgington and BC.