Wednesday, January 2, 2008

resolutions

its that time of the year, isn't it?

to be honest, i never seem to remember the resolutions i make each last year, which is why i'm writing them down this time. i'm hoping that having something to look back at will help me to remind myself of the things i'd like to accomplish/continue to work at. and maybe some of you out there will help to keep me accountable, too!

so here's my list:

1) cook more frequently. i'm tired of making excuses! i have the perfect job (well, when i'm not traveling, that is) for making dinner at night. and with mark working late in the evenings, its really not fair to rely on him to make meals at 11pm. so my goal is 3 nights a week, when i'm at home.

2) eat in moderation. if last week at home in chicago taught us anything, it was that over-indulgence is a terrible (and painful) thing. we had large quantities of rich, heavy, delicious foods every day, and by the end of the week our stomachs were NOT happy with us. i'd like to learn to say "no" when i'm not hungry, enjoy sweets and treats in smaller quantities (as in, not finishing the entire bag of chips, or half the box of cookies in one sitting:), and try to think about the nutritional value of the foods i choose before i indulge in them.

3) exercise consistently. this is a big one for me. i have a tendency to be an all-or-nothing kind of girl when it comes to exercise. the perfect example? i poured my heart into training for a marathon, and since then, have done none at all on a regular basis. and i'm not happy with where its taken me.

4) learn a language. or refresh myself on one that i already (partially) know. mark and i are tackling this one together, using a christmas gift from last year. estamos comenzando con español.

5) be intentional in my relationships. say "i love you" to the people i love. pick up the phone and call to see how friends and family are doing. show that i care. i really do.

and now its YOUR turn.

what are your resolutions for 2008? post a comment, if you'd like to share.

or better yet, this would be a fun game of tag! the rules? list 5 resolutions (or however many you've made), and then tag 5 friends to do the same.

melissa
ann-marie
kjersten
stacy
vlada

you're all now "IT"!

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

oooh, you STINKER! :) i'll work on it today. i have a feeling it's going to be slow around the office.

Anonymous said...

Hi, honey,

Since I make (and break) my resolutions all year long, I'll share one that we share.

In late September or early October I started learning Spanish, using a book with CDs, which sadly I cannot play at work.

Next time you are in Chicago you must join me for 2 to 8 hours of Spanish emersion. I'm not ready for the 8 hours but I bet you are!

Love, Mommy