Tuesday, November 6, 2007

fit for a....kid


ever lose track of what you're doing for just a moment? and that moment is just the amount of time needed to make all the difference?

i blatantly disregarding the "hand wash cold", figuring that cold water on the delicate cycle would suffice. but i intended to pay attention to the "dry flat" on the label. critical instructions for 100% merino wool, i was reminded when i opened the dryer.

sad thing is that i've done this before. twice.

so unless i shrink 6 inches, i'm hoping that my favorite travel sweater - lightweight but warm, perfect for an airplane - will be loved by some 10-year-old, somewhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I no longer buy clothes besides jeans that require special care for that reason alone...I lose track of time and forget what needs to be washed how. At least I know how my jeans need to be washed and dried...the rest is history!

Julie said...

I did that in college with one of my favorite sweaters... it was white and got thrown in with the "hots". Ugh. I gave it to my 11 year old cousin.

Ann-Marie said...

oh no! i hate when i do that, and i did it as recently as last week. sadly, it was with the sweater i wore on the night david and i were engaged. :( never to be worn again.

Melissa said...

bah humbug! i echo samara, i can't imagine how i'll keep track of things like that if/when we have kids. it's crazy enough now! add to that our kind neighbors who sometimes throw ALL of our wash load in the dryer for us in order to get at the washer themselves...and it's a load of delicates! sigh. sorry about your sweater. i've donated my shrunken ones to elnaz. :)