Thursday, May 10, 2007

why me?

that's the question that many women ask when faced with a breast cancer diagnosis.

why me? how will i deal with this? how will my cancer impact my family? will i survive? what treatments are available to me?

for the women asking these questions, y-me is there to listen to their concerns, help ease their fears, and lend a helping hand in any way they need.

the y-me national breast cancer organization's mission is to ensure, through information, empowerment and peer support, that no one faces breast cancer alone. they provide programs and services that are available free of charge to anyone who needs them. Y-ME has the only 24-hour hotline staffed entirely by trained breast cancer survivors who are trained to provide information and support to anyone touched by breast cancer, with interpreters in 150 languages.

on mother's day this sunday, i will be participating in the 2007 y-me race to empower, benefiting this wonderful organization. i'd love to have you support me - or join me, if you'd like!

p.s. - here's another way to support breast cancer detection!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

what a quality event this has been for you the past few years. i'm so glad to support you in this endeavor. hope the run goes well on sunday! i'll be cheering you on in spirit since my old knees won't tolerate anything else. see you tonight!

Ann-Marie said...

thank you so much for the reminder to support you, audrey. i applaud you for participating in this race yet again this year.

i hope all goes well on sunday. i'll be thinking of you and all the others running the race.

Audrey said...

thank you both for your support! the day was wonderful, the weather perfect, and out whole team had such a great time!